In the journey towards the fitness of the body, the sprained ankle comes as a long bump that pauses the activity for quite a while. Long walks, runs, and treks are all fun to do but sometimes that may lead to an ankle sprain if you are not using the right shoes. The arcs of the foot and the ankle take a lot of pressure while we do the prolonged footwork. With the use of ankle support shoes that care for the arc system as well, the sprains, injuries, and painful experiences of the foot can be sidelined.
How Should Be Your Ankle Support Shoes?
Shoes come in different styles and the high-top athletic shoes are believed to give better ankle support than the low-cut shoes. Those who are involved in sports like basketball, volleyball, and others where ankle sprain is easy to get may also find the high-top shoes beneficial in avoiding injuries.
Each time our foot strikes the ground the shock which arises gets transferred to the feet and the ankle. The shoes with good shock absorbency reduce the strain on the foot and the ankle. The optimal ankle support shoe should also have the apt arch and ankle support. With these features, the shoe should be comfortable to wear for a long day.
Tips to be Followed Along With The Ankle Support Shoes
Ankle support shoes do reduce the pressure on the ankle but the ultimate responsibility of protecting the ankle from sprains falls over you. Following the tips below you may avoid ankle sprains that can be painful for a long time.
– Be precautious while walking over the wet fields and floors.
– Doing Foot and Calf stretch exercises regularly
– Warm-up before engaging in exercises, running, or other sports.
– Follow a healthy diet for strengthening the muscles
Best Ankle Support Shoes
There is a long array of options that are available over the internet for buying ankle support shoes. To simplify your search following are some best ankle support shoes
1. ASICS GEL Kayano Running Shoes
It is the shoe that would become your favorite for years. The gel cushioning with an amazing shock absorbency makes it comfort wear all day long.
- Comfortable at both ends- Forefoot and Rearfoot
- Resumes back to original shape
- Various designs and colors available
- Not true to size
2. Brooks Men's Adrenaline GTS 20
The sleekly designed Brooks Men’s Adrenaline GTS20 is ideal for anyone who is looking for great ankle support. They are also recommendable for men with weak ankles that are prone to injuries.
- Exceptional Cushioning
- Takes the strain from Heels and Calf
- Soft and Comfortable
- Available in many colors and designs
- Soles wear off soon
3. New Balance Women's 840 V4
One of the best shoes for road running that offers great stability and support. The sturdy design and cushioned interiors make it comfortable for each stride.
- The Full-Length EVA midsole
- Breathable Mesh
- Keeps the foot sweat-free
- The rubber sole comes off easily
4. Reebok Women's Nano 9 Shoes
The Reebok Women’s Nano 9 shoes are ideal for gym lovers. This shoe would give you all the support when you do the weight lifting and other pushing and pulling exercises.
- Excellent lateral support
- Cushioned and comfortable
- Good Shock Absorption
- Flexweave fabric that makes the shoe breathable
- Grippy Laces that keep shoe snug fit
- Not true to size