Horse riding is the beneficial outdoor activity for the body, and it is soothing for your mind. Riding a horse on its back, you need to maintain the right posture and keep the core muscles activated to stay upright. Horse riding is the activity that keeps your outdoor activities enjoyable and allows you to soak up some required vitamin D. Correct gears are needed to make the activity exhilarating. Apart from harness and saddle, a rider also needs a helmet and well fitted and Best Horse Riding Shoes.
What Makes the Best Horse Riding Boots?
The horse riding boots usually have high heels that are an inch higher to prevent the foot from sliding the stirrup. The Best Horse Riding Boots are designed with robust toes to keep the foot protected from injuries. It features a light-textured and smooth sole to ensure that riders don’t get the foot caught in the stirrup when they fall accidentally. The classic horse riding boots come with sufficient height to keep the foot protected from saddle pinching.
The best riding shoes are comfortable and well-fitted, and they are safe and comfortable for the riders. The riding boots are the significant investment, and hence it is necessary to invest in a good pair of riding boots.
What are the Types of Horse Riding Boots?
- Short Boots – It is referred to as paddock boots and the popular choice amongst horse riders. The shoes are easy to put on and off and the affordable option for the riders. It comes with a classic look and can be used for an everyday riding experience. The short boots are the Best Horse Riding Shoes, and it features a zip up the side or back.
- Tall Boots – As the name suggests, it is the full-length zipper boot at the back for easy wearing. The boot is about the full size of the foot and calf length.
- Field Boots – It is another Best Horse Riding Boots featuring laced closure at ankle front, and it offers better flexibility and support. These boots come with additional room to allow your foot to stay comfortable inside. For riders who want to ride in the events or jumping, field boots are the best choice.
- Dress Boots – It is the type of riding shoes that are more formal and regular than the field riding shoes. The boots extend up to the knee length of the rider.
What Boots to Wear for Riding Horses?
Footwear is the essential headgear for horse riders. Footwear does not necessarily have to be a horse riding shoe, but it must at least feature a one-inch heel, closed-toe, and sole with optimal traction and grip.
The soles and heels structured in this way can keep the feet intact rather than sliding through the stirrup. The shoe must have a protective toe guard to keep the foot from injuries and prevents stepping out while riding. The Best Horse Riding Boots also support the ankles and legs of the riders and allow them to maintain a proper posture when riding.
Reviews of Best Horse Riding Boots in 2021
1. Ariat Heritage IV Zip Paddock Boots
Every feature of Ariat Heritage IV Zip Paddock Boots makes it is the Best Horse Riding Shoes. The riding shoes are designed with a 100% full-grain leather upper and rubberized sole to ensure proper shock absorbency and stability while riding a horse.
The heel features an in-built cushion to reduce the impacts when you mount or dismount. The top line collar of the shoe is padded for additional comfort, and the breathable lining is moisture-wicking, ensuring to keep your feet cool regardless of the temperature outside.
- Built-in heel cushioning
- 100% full-grain leather upper
- Padded collar for support
- Takes a long time to break-in
2. Dublin Adults Easy-Care Half Chaps II
Comfort is synonymous to Dublin Adults Easy-Care Half Chaps II Black Medium shoes. The lightweight construction, elasticity, and flexibility make it is the Best Horse Riding Shoes in 2021. The comfortable pair of shoes is designed to fit all calf sizes comfortably, and it features easy to zip up and down with snap closure at the bottom.
The boots are easy to clean and maintain, and you can pop them into the machine for deep cleaning.
- Stretchy and flexible
- Good fitting
- The faux-suede wears off after a few washes
3. Mountain Horse Rimfrost Rider III Tall Boots
Mountain Horse Mens Rimfrost Rider III Tall Boots is the Best Horse Riding Shoes designed to tolerate the harsh winter temperatures. The shoes have a sturdy and stiff look combined with versatility, easy fit, and function.
The shoe is designed for optimal insulation and features a shock-absorbing system that can withstand the challenges during winters. It fits well and incredibly versatile for horse riders.
- Weatherproof ad sturdy
- Shock absorbing
- Durable and comfortable fit
- Suitable only for winters
4. ROPER Women's Riley Western Boot
ROPER Women’s Riley Western Boot is the affordable riding boots for women. It is the vintage-style riding boot with stitches all around the boots’ upper, and it makes the best classic western styling boot with embroidery on shaft and foot.
The upper features faux leather and a rubberized sole. The lining is made of soft synthetic material, and the shoe is highly breathable and comfortable. It offers a perfect fitting and optimal feel, and it is true to size.
- Flexibility for comfortable mobility
- Western-style stitching on vamp and shaft
- Quality construction
- Lacks in insoles
5. TuffRider Children's Front Zip Paddock Boots
If you are looking for the Best Horse Riding Shoes for kids in 2021, look no further and invest in TuffRider Children’s Starter Front Zip Paddock Boots. It is the best riding shoe both for young and newbie riders. The shoe features punched toe cap for a classic look, and the synthetic leather upper is the notable feature of the boot.
The front zipper makes it easy to pull on and off the boot. It is tested for all types of weather conditions and terrains.
- Quality and affordable riding boots
- Punched toe cap for a classic appearance
- Front zipper, weather-resistant, and elastic sides
- Sizing issues
Whether you ride your horse casually or competitively, it is always essential to have the Best Horse Riding Boots because skill alone might not protect you when things go wrong.