The type of shoes one wears determines how good the cycling experience would be. Avid bikers understand how difficult it can be to ride with an uncomfortable pair of boots. It is not only uneasy but may also lead to stumbling or other uninvited incidents. Hence, it is much indispensable to invest in good-quality and dependable shoes for energetic biking times.
But, then not everybody would want to spend heavily on various pairs, or maybe someone is commonly not fond of keeping a shoe collection. So, here is excellent news for those who want just one pair of boots to serve both casual and riding purposes. Grab the best non cycling shoes that can be worn even while cycling without any troubles.
How to Choose Non Cycling Shoes for Cycling?
It is an understandable fact and a wise move as well to buy a multi-purpose pair. Use the same boots to roam around casually, wear a sporty look at a party, or even hit the road on a cycle. But do not make this shopping task casual guesswork. Always tick off the following attributes before buying such a complete twosome.
- Perfect Fit- Nobody wants to have sore or wounded feet at the end of the day due to a wrong wearable. Tightness may lead to shoe bites, and looseness will lead to slips. Either of the misfits will be of no good for spot-on cycling. Knowing exact measurements is not enough. Sometimes, brands have slightly different size charts. If ordering online, always match the intended product’s sizing guide to avoid buying incorrect merchandise.
- Ideal Comfort- For any footwear, it is a must-have trait to be utterly comfortable. So, besides selecting the perfect size, it is vital to look for boots that assure biking comfort. An easy pair would hinder and frustrate the biking experience. Check the specifications relating to comfort, like spongy material at the insides of the shoes. Reviews by the previous cycling and not regular buyers would help a lot in this regard.
- Proper Ventilation- Sport category shoes come with a mesh for a reason, and no, it is not to add only aesthetic value. Instead, it keeps the footwear breathable and away from heat. For a demanding activity like cycling, it is obvious to sweat out during the expedition. Perspiration can lead to corn-toes and other allergies. Hence, every biker should look for enough airy pair that comes along with a mesh.
- Supreme Sole- Usually, beginners miss to heed attention to this aspect, but little is known to play a crucial role. The biker’s pedalling speed, efficiency, and rightness depend upon the shoe sole’s features. Softer and heavy foams tend to drain out the rider’s energy fast. Thus, they should be the balance of lightness and stiffness. Pro cyclists recommend nylon or carbon fibre as the most suitable sole material.
- Long Durability- Buying non-cycling shoes for cycling does not mean that the shopper has to settle down for less. Everybody spends heartily to get their feet in the most excellent pair that can run for a long time. No cyclist wants to get torn boots after a couple of rides only. Buy those boots that are good for rough roads and long distances. Its enduring power would help in increasing the shelf life of the pair.
- Sturdy Closure- It makes a lot of sense to have a reliable fastening system on the shoes. Lack of a dependable shoe closure is a big no as it increases risky walking, let alone cycling accidents. Choose the one that the wearer is most comfortable with. A good and steadfast range is available. Velcro straps, buckles, and laces are a few to name among them. A slip-on may also be on the list, but they may not be very stable for cycling.
Yes, buying the best non cycling shoes for cycling is not a hit and trial task to do. Price may be a little high, but it will be worth calling an investment for a very long time use. It is better to incur this expense at once on a good quality pair of boots rather than making repeated cheap purchases.
Five Best Non Cycling Shoes for Cycling
Yes, the big question that needs applauding answers is- Which boots? It can be hard to choose the best fit as it can be an irreversible expenditure after having ridden with once. Find below the keenly curated list in this regard.
1. Reebok Crossfit Nano 7.0 Cross Trainer
Those who prefer athletic features in casual-looking shoes will appreciate this option. Coming from such a reputed brand like Reebok further adds to a satisfactory buy. Their Crossfit Nano creation is one of the highest-rated non-cycling footwear. Everything is compatible with rigorous activities that make it pretty awesome for biking from the inside out. Durable, breathable, and stable are the three words that describe this pair the best.
- Rubber Sole
- Flexible Material
- Size issues
2. Under Armour Men’s Charged Assert 8
Women do not have to get disappointed by seeing the word “men” in the title. The outer beauty and inner utility are equally great for both male and female bikers. In addition, the soft padding adds a lot of easiness besides giving good strength. Be it a casual walk to the office or a high-energy cycling evening, and it can be worn at both times.
- Comfortable fit
- Breathable mesh
- Suitable for women also
- Problematic raised back
- Insoles may be needed
3. Vans Men's Vn-0tuy187 Trainers
An onlooker will think of a perfect combo of casual flair and sporty wear after seeing this pair. It is available in various colours and styles; it is suitable for both men and women cyclists. It is probably the smartest choice in terms of looks and comfort within a restricted budget. The fit and design of this pair are good enough to be called an all-rounder pair.
- Adjustable lace holes for a suitable fitting
- Serves multi-purposes for indoor and outdoor events
- No mesh
- Not suitable for hard-wearing use
4. Adidas Cloudfoam Pure Running Shoe
Just a glance at this fantastic pair will make the person add it to the cart. It is as comfortable to wear as it looks to be. Pick among the wide range of chic designs to suit casual outings besides zealous cycling. Its rubber sole enhances the comfort feature, and alterable laces help to get the desired grip. Cloudfoam is worth appreciated by previous buyers. Get both athletic and relaxed feeling with these boots.
- Arch support
- Breathable mesh
- Not suitable for rough riding
5. ASICS Gel-Venture 7
Probably the most tech-based shoes on the list are ASICS Gel-Venture 7. Besides having the regular high abrasion rubber sole, it has the marvellous technology of gel cushioning. As a result, it not just adds to sturdiness but also prevents shocks while doing high-intensity activities; thus, it is a fabulous option for cycling. Also, the removable sock liner gives it another edge from an orthotics point of view.
- Breathable mesh
- Gel-based sole
- Shock-absorbing sole
- Insoles may be needed