What Type of Shoes are Best for a Massage Therapist?
There are different brands and boots available for massage therapists. It is important to choose the Best Shoes for Massage Therapist that can offer optimal arch support so that therapists can stand for long hours without feeling the pressure. The massage therapist boots are primarily designed with a roomy toe box, and they have sufficient room to ensure a snug fit.
Some brands design massage-therapist boots with comfortable and breathable insoles and uppers to ensure proper air circulation and minimal sweating. The boots must be easy to put on and off without struggles. The best shoes for massage therapists usually come with cushioned footbeds for the best results. The cushioned footbeds also ensure to minimize the stress on the lower areas and heel. The advanced shoes for massage therapists come with a gel insole, roomy toe box, and contoured footbed.
What are the Best Materials for Massage Therapist Boots?
Different materials are used for manufacturing massage therapist shoes. But, it is suggested that you choose the material that is breathable, lightweight, and flexible and works best for the massage therapist boots. The fabric and synthetic materials are highly preferred. But, the Best Shoes for Massage Therapist is designed using supple leather, which is soft and flexible. The tough leather is also the ultimate choice as they are soft and flexible too.
Buyer’s Guide for Best Shoes for Massage Therapist
- Cushioned Footbed – The massage session always gets soothing and relaxing for the patients, but the work involves many tiring tasks. The therapist needs to stand for long hours offering massaging sessions. It causes pain and feet injuries. So, to conquer those issues, you need to have the Best Shoes for Massage Therapist with cushioned footbed. It will absorb the shock and evenly distribute the pressure across your feet. You must choose the shoe with a removable gel insole for optimal support and cushioning.
- Arch Support – Massage therapists spend their time on their feet offering massage sessions to patients. Over time they start experiencing foot issues and unbearable pain. So, it is necessary that you feel fully relaxed and gets satisfaction while working, and shoes with good arch support can offer better comfort. The arch support offers support and distributes pressure evenly while releasing the tension from your feet.
- Lightweight and Flexible – Massage therapists must wear supportive shoes that are both lightweight and flexible. The flexibility of the Best Shoes for Massage Therapist helps in turning and moving the feet easily and prevents foot injuries. Besides, you must avoid wearing heavy shoes as they put extra weight and pressure when wearing the shoe for long hours. If you want to feel stress-free and relaxed, then ensure to buy lightweight and flexible shoes for massage therapists.
- Comfort – The massage therapy involves engaging the customers with communication skills, and hence it is necessary for the therapist to feel comfortable during the massaging session. So, you must invest in the comfortable pair of shoes for a massage therapist. The roomy toe box, quality material, arch support, flexibility, fitting, and proper cushioning are some of the crucial elements that would add comfort to the massage therapist boots. You must ensure buying the shoe with a round toe box as it offers sufficient room for the toes to move.
- Fitting – Fitting is the crucial factor to consider when buying the Best Shoes for Massage Therapist. You must choose the shoe that comes true to size and offer proper fitting.
List of Best Shoes for Massage Therapist
1. Dansko Men's Wynn Casual Shoes
Dansko Men’s Wynn Casual Shoes is the Best Shoes for Massage Therapist as it is designed with authentic leather material that is comfortable and never wears and tear quickly. It is the imported shoe designed using leather to increase comfort. Besides, the shoe is cushioned using PU midsole, and it features an EVA insole to offer extra comfort and absorb the shock efficiently.
The shoe comes with easy slip-in & slips off construction, and it lacks shoelaces. The padded collar offers extra support, and it features riveted shank construction.
- Good support and stability
- Good breathability
- Highly comfortable for long hour sessions
- Material is stiff
2. Dr. Comfort Ranger Hiking Boot
If you work for long hours as a massage therapist, it is the boot you must consider buying. It is the hiking boot designed with full-grain leather, and it makes the shoes highly durable and meets the industry standards. The shoe is stylish and uniquely designed with a contact closure, and it has no-tie elastic lace that provides comfortable and easy fitting.
The leather upper sole promises good circulation to keep the feet sweat-free, and the removable footbed comes with the option to choose additional cushioning as per your need.
- Better comfort and durability
- Cushioned footbed and option for extra cushion
- Better breathability
- Expensive shoe
3. Skechers Men's Segment Rilar Oxford
Skechers Men’s Segment Rilar Oxford is the shoe designed to meet the specific needs of massage therapists. The shoes give you the confined to represent your profession in style. The shoe is designed with a genuine leather upper sole, and it features a lace-up design for adjustable fitting and comfort.
The shoe features height in heels, and it helps to maintain the posture correctly. The shoe comes with soft textile linings, and it ensures comfort and prevents causing blisters during long hours of usages.
- Adjustable and comfortable fitting
- Cushioned with textile linings
- True to size
- Causes noise when walking
4. Nike Men’s Free RN Flyknit 2017 Running Shoe
Nike Men’s Free RN Flyknit 2017 is the sports shoe perfect for massage therapists. It is designed to offer arch support, comfort, and a stylish look with stability. The show is designed with synthetic material for a sober and stylish look. In addition, it features a lace-up closure for adjustable fitting and keeps the feet intact when standing or walking.
The shoe features the patented FLyknit design for the highest flexibility and breathability for all-day comfort. In addition, it is fully padded with a collar area and midsole for countered sock-liner.
- Fully padded and comfortable
- Lightweight and stylish look
- Lace-up closure for adjustable fitting
- Narrow design
5. Skechers for Work Men's Slip-Resistant
Skechers for Work Men’s Shoe is a uniquely designed massage therapist shoe, and it is available as a slip-on design. The shoe features leather uppers and a rubberized outer sole for better durability, comfort, and traction.
It is one of the Best Boots for Massage Therapists and the right choice for daily wear.
- Unique designed and durable
- Maximum support and comfort
- Cushioned midsole and collar area
- Cushioning is average