Walking on concrete and hard surfaces the whole day is exhausting. The fatigue may wear off with some rest but the pain in the feet can last longer if walking on concrete floors is your daily job. After some time, walking on the concrete can become the source of chronic foot problems. Work cannot be avoided but with the right shoe, the lingering pain in the heels, ankles, arches, and the balls of the feet can be kept at bay.
The Problems That Shouldn’t be Overlooked!
You may feel that the sole purpose of shoes is to protect your foot and any shoe would suffice to do the job. The answer is no. Wearing the wrong shoe at work where you are supposed to walk on concrete and hard surfaces can lead to foot pain that can further affect your whole body and the muscles around the spine. Conditions like Plantar Fascitis can also affect your foot with this.
By using the best shoes for walking, your feet, lower limbs, hips, and back would feel the difference.
What Should Your Best Shoes for Walking on Concrete be Like
A good shoe supposedly should have the following features
- The arch of the foot has to undergo many functions while we walk thus the shoes should have been supportive to the arch system.
- Every time our foot hits the hard floor while walk there is an impact on the feet, knees, ankles, and back. The right walking should have excellent shock absorbency.
- The shoe should be able to evenly distribute the absorbed shock to reduce the impact
- Ample cushioning makes the shoe further impact resistant and comfortable to wear.
- A shoe that has a rounded outsole to some extent is better.
- The forepart of the shoe should be firm.
1. The New Balance 626V2 Work Shoes
The soft durable leather makes the outer finish of this shoe stylish, while the padded collar and tongue make it supportive to ankles and comfortable to wear. Its removable insole and foam-based midsole make it the best.
- Supports Arch system and the Ankles
- Sizes are small
- Adaption needs time
2. Skechers – The Search Loafer
The search loafer from sketcher is amazing for comfort lovers. The infused gel system and memory foam cushion ensure this. Flexible yet supportive for the feet.
- Memory foam Cushioning
- Gel Infused (what is gel foam?)
- Pull-on Loop for easy wear
- Supportive midsole
- Not true to size
3. Dankso Wynn and Dankso Patti
These shoes from Dankso are perfect for any outdoor activities that may include long walks on concrete. They are seam-sealed and come with leather that is stain-resistant and waterproof.
- Waterproof and stain-resistant
- Removable Insole
- Little stiff
4. Alegria Women’s Classic Clog
The Alegria Women’s Classic Clog combines look with comfort. It is slip-resistant and perfect for walking on hard floors. It comes with American Podiatric Medical Association certification and great for arch support.
- Changeable Insoles
- Well Cushioned and comfortable
- Stain-resistant wedge heels
- Stylish looks
- Bigger than the size
5. Wolverine Work Boots
Boots from a brand like the wolverine confirms style, comfort, and least foot strain from working long hours on the concrete surfaces. These boots are sturdy yet lightweight as they do not have a steel toe.
- Padded collar and tongue makes it comfortable
- Cushioned insole
- Tough for any weather conditions
- Provides good arch support
- Bigger than the size