As the winter months approach, skiers start dreaming those newly groomed slopes, unscathed snow of backcountry skiing, and the chairlift jumps. However, before conquering those locations, it is important to ensure you have the right skiing shoes for the job. People with narrow feet often make the mistake of buying roomy shoes, and as a result, they experience less control and feet injurious while skiing. So, to keep up with skiing, you have to choose the Best Ski Boots for Narrow Feet.
What are Ski Shoes for Narrow Feet?
The ski shoe’s widths are categorized into three different lasts – wide, average and narrow. Depending upon the reference size of the shoe of 26cm, the Best Ski Boots for Narrow Feet would measure 99mm or less, and it usually ranges from 97mm to 98mm, depending upon the size of the feet.
The ski shoe last refers to the volume and width of the shoe. The narrow last usually have minimal interior space, and it is less roomy for the skiers with narrow feet.
Why is it Important to Choose the Best Ski Boots for Narrow Feet?
As mentioned, the ski shoes for narrow feet usually come with a width ranging from 97mm to 98mm, and it means the volume inside the shoe is lower, both horizontally and vertically. It helps the shoe’s interior border the barrow feet and offer a snug fit. Professional skiers with narrow feet usually choose the Best Ski Boots for Narrow Feet that offer tighter fitting for optimal movement.
The ski shoes are the integral gear of the sport. So, you must invest time and effort to find the right pair of skiing boots for narrow feet. As you start skiing, the energy is transferred via legs, radiating to the ski shoes. If the shoes are ill-fitted, you may experience foot injuries and lack of movement. So, it would be best if you are looking for ski boots that can offer better movement and comfort for your narrow feet.
Types of Ski Shoes for Narrow Feet
- Alpine – It is the downhill shoe that is stiff to hold the foot intact while skiing. It allows you to enjoy downhill skiing comfortably, and it comprises heels bound built-in.
- Telemark – It is the type of ski boots that are good for downhill skiing. The shoes are designed with bellows, and they offer snug fitting while enhancing mobility for improved performance. If you are an avid skier who glides on snow while performing steep turns, the telemark boots are the Best Ski Shoes for Narrow Feet.
- Touring – Touring are the advanced ski shoes for narrow feet. The boots are designed to switch its terrain adjustment from downhill to touring. It means the ski shoes are eligible for descending and ascending skiing in the snow, and it offers equal performance and comfort in both cases.
- Cross Country – It is the type of ski boots that is lightweight and best suited for a skier with narrow feet. The cross-country ski shoes are designed for easy terrains and not a good choice for excessively steep or harsh terrains.
Reviews of Best Ski Boots for Narrow Feet 2021
1. Atomic HAWX Ultra 110 S Boot
Atomic HAWX Ultra 110 S Boot is the lightweight ski boot for narrow feet. The ski boot is playful and super light, offers a narrow fit with 98mm last, and suitable choice for intermediate skiers. The boot is easy to step in and out and comprises a lower instep than other ski boots for narrow feet.
The ski boot comprises a big window in the tongue, and it makes it easier for skiers to put on and off the shoe. Skiers can adjust both the lean and the flex of the ski boot. It is the Best Ski Shoes for Narrow Feet.
- Super light
- Adjustable flex thanks to powder shift
- Average liner
2. Full Tilt Classic Pro Ski Boots
Park skiers with narrow feet would find Full Tilt Classic Pro Ski Boots the best choice. It is the classic design park ski boot and the super lightweight performance ski boots. The ski boot is popular in the freestyle skiing world cup, and veteran skiers love the adjustable fit, customizable and consistent flex of the ski boot.
It is the Best Ski Shoe for Narrow Feet as it comes with a classic liner, and it is easy to mould as per the foot’s contour. The boot is easy to wear and put off, and it comprises a 99mm last.
- Adjustable fit
- Lacks in pressure points
- Lightweight and comfortable
- Skiers experience broken buckles
3. Tecnica Cochise 90 Ski Boot
Tecnica Cochise 90 Ski Boot is the best all-mountain ski boot for advanced and intermediate skiers as it features a 99mm last. It is the ideal shoe to ski anywhere, and it offers reliable performance and comfort while skiing.
It is designed to replicate the shape of the foot, and it features ankle shaped design for firm hold of the foot and comprises ergonomic angles for higher durability and comfort.
- Quick instep
- Best downhill performance
- Replicate the contour of the feet
- Average footbed
4. Lange RX 100 L.V. Ski Boot Men's
Lange RX 100 L.V. Ski Boot Men’s is the Best Ski Shoes for Narrow Feet for many good reasons. It is a high-performance ski boot designed for skiing on multiple terrains and mountains. The ski boot features a 97mm last and offers very snug fitting.
The ski boot features a flex of 100 and has very low volume to offer optimal fitting for narrow feet skiers.
- Quality build
- Anatomical toe box
- Suitable for multiple terrains
- Quite upright stance
5. Salomon S/Max 100 Ski Boots
The ski shoe is known for ultra-durability, warmth and comfort, and the fitting is best for narrow feet skiers. Apart from comfortable fitting, it allows easy movement while skiing.
The ski boot comes with a flexible collar, and you don’t need to worry about the ankle losing its mobility. It prevents pain and aches in the tibia.
- True to size
- Comfortable and durable
- Easy to put on and off
- Not capable of holding its shape
It is necessary to choose the Best Ski Boots for Narrow Feet to enjoy the sport to the fullest. The guide will help you to make the right choice.